Sunday, May 10, 2009

the wait is over...time to file

Dear me. It's been a LONG time since I've posted anything! Well, I guess that's because nothing has really been going on. It's just been a waiting game. Even though January would have been a good time for us to file, the attorneys were quite backed up with cases and it took them about 3 months to actually get to ours after we paid the fee. Whatever, I'm just glad to get this ball rolling.

A wrench in the works: I posted about this on the BK forum, so I'll be brief here: our Ford Escape got stolen the other night, out of our mechanic's lot! No joke. The police found it in a crappy part of town, totally trashed. We took pics of it in the junkyard...all the windows were busted out, it was all muddy, mangled, trashed. I'm sure there was probably crack involved, right? It looked like someone just unleashed their wrath on our poor, already-ailing car.

I would say "good riddance," but we kinda need that car! We weren't prepared to be without it for a couple more months...now we have some figuring out to do. I think things will be a lot clearer after we hear from our attorney tomorrow about what we're supposed to do, and how this will affect how we treat the car in our BK filing.

No comments:

Post a Comment