Friday, December 12, 2008

The Beginning

I was up until 2 a.m. last night. I woke up early this morning. The usual was on my mind...and it came to me: I have the chance to document this thing from the beginning.

My husband and I are getting ready to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy.

I have so many thoughts and questions and feelings just swirling around in my head, and I can't talk to any of my friends about them! We are not telling ANYONE, not even our families. I am not the kind of person who can just keep things to myself; hence, this blog. I think this will help me process it all.

I also hope that other people going through this surreal experience will find me here and maybe we can go through it together.

3 comments:

  1. Apple, I found your blog from the link in your BF posts and I feel for you. We filed in Nov & had our 341 yesterday (12/11-our son's birthday!). We are telling NO ONE either and it is really tough only being able to talk to DH and myself (lol). Wishing you the best!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. I know, it's tough! But we are used to the reality of it at this point, and actually I am thankful that we have this option. I don't know what we would do otherwise. I hope it goes OK for you from here on out...are you doing a ch. 7?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing a ch 7 and keeping our house and our car that we have a loan on. We sold our other car, bought an old car for cash and used the profit from the sale for living expenses and our lawyer fee.

    We are super paranoid this weekend for some reason and we just keep going over & over things, it is really stressing us both out. We both said tonight that we just need to get through the next few weeks and it should be ok. Since we are having to submit paperwork to the UST and the BT, it is a little more stressful but I think it will work out in the end!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete